A Home Away from Home, with all the comforts and facilities, for whatever duration it takes, to discover the high s and lows of Kerala, at incredibly low prices. Experience the hospitality of the host family and the unique feeling imparted while staying in a home and interacting with people of a different culture. The cross section represented here are carefully chosen and recognized home stays that will go the extra leg to make your trip a pleasant memorable experience.
Wireless internet connection, Cable TV, in house shopping- traditional wares variety of pickles, chips, spices. etc.
We realize that guests coming to us hail from different regions and cultures. Hence, obviously their preferences do vary a lot and food too is not an exception. For the same reason, here we offer a vast range of mouthwatering cuisines. Ranging from traditional Kerala cuisines to national, continental and even global cuisines, offerings here are thought out judiciously to assure complete gratification of the guests.
The cuisines prepared here are mostly from the locally cultivated pest-free and pesticide-free natural unadulterated provisions. Thus you can relax and pleasingly show a bit of injustice to your gut by making it chock-full and that too tension-free.
Food preparation is done in a perfectly hygienic environment and also scientifically. There are lots of factors when it comes to food preparation. The type and amount of ingredients added, the time for baking, type of flame used etc. are just a few things to mention.
The expert chefs under the monitoring and complete involvement know the tactics to prepare different types of cuisines in such a way that guests would be provided with an enthralling experience of inexplicably tasty food. Serving the skillfully prepared food is an art and people here master the same.
- Break fast Kerala Traditional and Continental.
- South Indian and North Indian dishes.
- Malabar special Dishes.
- Kerala special Dishes.
- Food on request can charge extra.
Wish to experience the traditional flavors and preparations of Kerala in a comfortable and informal manner. plan each event meticulously to make each day a special treat. Guests can cook kerala dishes by themselves by using kerala spices with the help of well trained cook.
MEEN MOLEE (FISH IN COCONUT MILK)
Some call this Fish Molee. We usually make this with seer fish. But other fish lend themselves well too. The tomato gives a mild tartness, and the green chilly, ginger and garlic combination will assuredly be a surprisingly pleasant experience. We use this combination a lot.
- Fish - ½ kg (Sliced)
- Onion - 2 nos. (Sliced)
- Green chilly - 6 nos.”
- Ginger - 1” piece
- Garlic - 4 cloves ”
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig ”
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper pod - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ¼ tsp
- Turmeric - ¼ tsp
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Coconut milk - ½ cup (thin milk) ½ cup (thick milk)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Method:Heat oil in a flat pan with a lid
- Fry the sliced ingredients light brown
- Add the ground spices and fry on low heat for 5 minutes
- Using the spatula push the mixture to a side of the pan
- Place the fish in a single layer in the center
- Pull the paste over the fish and pour the thin coconut milk
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes; give an occasional gentle shake to the pan
- Pour the thick milk, taste for salt, place thick slices of tomato; simmer and remove.
- May be served with appam or bread
- Village Walk: Guests have opportunity to interact with local people and get to know Kerala rural life from close quarters.
- Country Boat Cruises: Enjoy a sunset cruise every evening on a vallam (country boat) out in the open backwaters. The sights, breeze, sounds and smell of the late evenings are indeed very soothing. If you are lucky you can also catch the moonrise. Take a canal cruise through the narrow and winding canals on a vallam or motor boat and catch a glimpse of the unique backwater villages.
- Bird Watching: For bird watchers the backwaters and the property offer ample opportunities for sighting kingfishers, woodpeckers, eagles, sparrows, herons, snakebirds, etc.
- Fishing: Try fishing in the fish pond of the property or the river or check out if you can spike scampi at night.
- Kerala Art forms: Traditional Kerala dance forms like Kathakali , OttanThullal , Mohiniyattam etc and Classical Indian Musical Performances can be arranged at the homestay on prior request from the guests.
- Elephant Safari:
Ayurvedic massage is a key part of Ayurvedic therapy. Just as a machine needs to be oiled, the body loves to have its largest organ, the skin, soothed, which is why oils are commonly used in Ayurvedic massage.
Whether the Ayurvedic massage forms part of a more comprehensive Ayurveda programme or is merely undertaken for the sheer pleasure of a deeply relaxing, indulgent body massage; Ayurvedic massage is one of Ancient India’s best-kept secrets.
Over 5,000 years of empirical research has refined Ayurvedic massage into a sublime art, and yet it is still unheard of by many. However, combining skilled knowledge of the body with knowledge of oils, music, and bodywork techniques has resulted in a profound art for balancing the body and mind through the medium of oil massage.
Yoga - Way of Life Classes (Morning Session)
Derived from the Sanskrit word yuj, Yoga means union of the individual consciousness or soul with the Universal Consciousness or Spirit. Yoga is a 5000-year-old Indian body of knowledge. Though many think of yoga only as a physical exercise where people twist, turn, stretch, and breathe in the most complex ways, these are actually only the most superficial aspect of this profound science of unfolding the infinite potentials of the human mind and soul. The science of Yoga imbibes the complete essence of the Way of Life.
Cultural & Fine Arts (Evening Session)
Have a relaxed evening by watching Kathakali (Cultural Dance of Kerala) and Kalaripayattu (Martial Arts)
Kathakali is one of the major forms of classical Indian dance. It is another "story play" genre of art, but one distinguished by its elaborately colorful make-up, costumes and face masks wearing actor-dancers, who have traditionally been all males. it developed in courts and theatres of Hindu regions contrary to other Indian classical dances
A ‘Kathakali’ performance includes various instruments that encompass three major drums namely ‘Itaykka’, ‘Centa’ and ‘Maddalam’. Music plays a significant role in this form of classical art creating variations of tones setting and corresponding to the mood of a particular scene.
A kalari is the school or training hall where martial arts are taught. They were originally constructed according to vastu sastra with the entrance facing east and the main door situated on the centre-right. Sciences like mantra saastra, tantra saastra and marma saastra are utilized to balance the space's energy level. The training area comprises a puttara (seven tiered platform) in the south-western corner. The guardian deity (usually an avatar of Bhagavathi, Kali or Shiva) is located here, and is worshiped with flowers, incense and water before each training session which is preceded by a prayer. Northern styles are practiced in special roofed pits where the floor is 3.5 feet below the ground level and made of wet red clay meant to give a cushioning effect and prevent injury. The depth of the floor protects the practitioner from winds that could hamper body temperature. Southern styles are usually practiced in the open air or in an unroofed enclosure of palm branches. Traditionally, when a kalari was closed down it would be made into a small shrine dedicated to the guardian deity.
Feel of Nature
Relaxation in Marari Beach